Re: KDE 2.2 beta1

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 04:26:06AM +0800, Debian User wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 08:43, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > the quick and dirty:
> >
> > cd kdelibs (for example)
> > debuild
> >

> > that's what I do to build all the packages... debuild is part
> > of the devscripts package.  I *believe* it depends on all the
> > correct bits. debuild will verify that you have all the build
> > dependencies installed and if you don't will complain and stop.
>
> What's the difference between this and dpkg-buildpackage? Which is
> better? I *always use dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot. And well, I
> think you still need to do a dh_make to create the debian/rules
> template etc. Unless the KDE cvs is already debianized? debuild also
> fails without prior debianization.

debuild is a frontend to dpkg-buildpackage as well as other bits....taken
from it's man page

  "debuild  creates  all  the files necessary for uploading a
       Debian package.  It first runs dpkg-buildpackage and  then
       runs  lintian  on the .changes file created (assuming that
       lintian is installed).  Parameters can be passed  to  both
       dpkg-buildpackage  and  lintian,  where the parameters are
       separated by the -L or --lintian  option.   The  allowable
       options  in this case are --no-lintian to skip the lintian
       step and  the  --preserve-envvar/-e  or  --preserve-env/-E
       options  described below in the Environment Variables sec­
       tion."

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II