thread reading in kmail - howto?

   Hello,

I really like being able to thread messages on lists, but reading through
them is next to impossible. I just finished re-reading the help files but I
don't see any way to read the mail without jumping wildly through out read
and unread messages.

What I would like to do is have my mail sorted by date, then by threads. Now,
the first thread that I come to is ok, the next will jump somewhere deep into
un-read territory. Finally the next may or may not take me to the next
thread. So my next unread message is lost in the depths of unread mails,
instead of back to the top to continue reading in a linear date sorted
fashion. Other mailers do this?

Any help on reading mails with threading enabled would be much appreciated.
I'm obviously missing the finer points of this code.

tia
--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls/TELE: USA-707-442-6579\/A GNU-Debian linux user
Email: ke6sls@arrl.net WEB: http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls ICQ: 12741145