upgrade woes

Hi,

last night's upgrade brought some unpleasant surprises:

- kdm now suddenly shows all users on the system instead of only those
which are supposed to lock in (who have a password and a home
directory.)

- kdm now longer has a shutdown button

- I had font sizes and types configured as I liked them. Now suddenly
most fonts are too big while other do not display correctly (it looks
as if the fonts do not exist in the given font size).

So what kind of configuration files were changed, and how do I get
back my original configuration?

Andreas Gösele