packaging updates/changes/customization for woody's release

Ok...so as our Release guy prepares to set a freeze date (probably about a
month away) I have to prepare for the time when I can no longer upload except
for RC bug fixes.  You probably will have or will soon enough notice I'm doing
more work in customization of the packages.  Things like menu work, conf file
modifications, lots of cleanup, and other things like that.  Most of this
work is going ino the 2.2 packages however I'm commiting some of these to
the 2.1 packages as well.

   You all are probably wondering if 2.2 will end up in woody.  Looking at
the timeline and guestimation dates I would say no.  But also knowing how
things go with releases and timelines it's entirely possible.  I'm shooting
for 2.2 to be in woody.  All of my focus is currently on the 2.2 packaging.

I'd like all of you who have done some sort of customization of your KDE
installations to look over it and figure out what bits would be good for
Debian.  What parts would enhance the KDE default installation.  What things
need to be changed, disabled by default, enabled, by default, etc.....
Let's act like we have until June 1st to get all customization and packaging
problems fixed (not that that's going to be the freeze date) and let's see
if we can get all those fixed.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II