Re: KDE application startup question

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 06:02:15PM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> > How do I tell KDE to start an application in the same directory where the
> > file it is supposed to open is saved?
> this is only a dirty hack (i don't know of a native solution).
> "simply" create a wrapper:
> gvim-wrapper:
> #! /bin/sh
> tell the file association to execute the wrapper instead of the
> native program and you're done.

Thanks - for most of my apps I have already created workarounds. For
example in my .vimrc I have

	autocmd BufRead * :cd %:p:h

which effectively does the same thing. But I want it for _all_ apps - Gimp,
Konqueror, etc etc ... so that also file open dialogs open in the correct
directory, and so on.

I think I'll file a bug report. :-)

--
Jens Benecke                            > "Dann nimm lieber gleich Pattex!"
                "Na, ob das was hilft - der Hersteller ist schließlich eine