_long_ pause when starting up KDE

Hi,

when I start up KDE on my laptop, for about 10-15 seconds during
"initalizing devices", my computer does not do ANYTHING. No CPU load, no
hdd activity, no network activity.  This doesn't happen on any of my other
KDE machines.

I created another account "test" on the same machine to start up KDE there,
and it doesn't happen there. But I don't want to lose all my desktop
settings (i.e. "rm .kde"), so -

- did anyone have the same problem yet and die s?he find a solution?

Thanks! :)

--
Jens Benecke                   "Und deshalb sollte man ja auch immer _alle_
                                 Editoren installieren:  XEmacs _und_ Vim."