Re: TO ALL: Long application startup time

I've been dealing with this problem for about a month (maybe
shorter/longer... I've a bad memory for dates).  It has gotten to the
point that my NFS-mounted home directories cannot be used with KDE,
because Konqueror locks up other critical kde apps, like kmail.  Is there
any way to configure kde or konq and friends to use /tmp or some alternate
directory for temporary lock files?  I haven't booted into kde for longer
than 30 minutes because I can't even get my e-mail through kmail for about
10 minutes after the desktop has loaded.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.