Re: TO ALL: Long application startup time

    Hi,

How about not using kde and just using something lite like blackbox or fvwm
and *then* fire up kmail there? I know kmail had/has issues with attachments
etc from any other app then kde, but I'm sure these issues will be addressed
sooner or later.

kde here starts fairly pain free. I kill kdm as soon as it starts (it's
annoying) and log in as normal at my first console, then start another app in
console 5 and log into console 11 (which starts x on 12). Start up is about
10-20 seconds after latest release for potato. I keep it simple, and have a
root part and swap part on hda.

fwiw.

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls/TELE: USA-707-442-6579\/A GNU-Debian linux user
Email: ke6sls@arrl.net WEB: http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls ICQ: 12741145