Kghostview might need gs

With kghostview installed and no longer requiring gs, I removed gs from
my system. I don't use pdf/ps all that often anyway. Today I notice a
reproducible segfault trying to view pdf files. I filed a bug with bt
to bugs.kde.org.

Now I went lurking through the source for kghostview, and it most
definitely has routines to call gs by name. Makes me think maybe
kghostview cannot provide postscript-viewer, but instead should rely on
gs or another viewer?

Hope I'm wrong, like all the options debian gives, but I like to keep
the number of packages installed to a minimum.

Gordon Sadler