Re: Dead keys

El Dom 07 Ene 2001 21:51, Logi Ragnarsson escribió:
>Hi!
>
>I've been running the kde 2.0.1 and now kde 2.1 debian packages (thanks!)
> and while generally things look good (except the new koffice, but that is
> what the warning was for...), I have some trouble with dead keys in some
> apps.
>
>konsole won't accept dead keys at all. The alt-F2 dialogue neither. Some
> apps accept dead keys, but after opening a dialogue-box, the dead keys will
> be disabled. This happens in KBabel, which is a utility for translating
> software and means that I can't search, go to particular lines, etc.
> without the program becoming useless.

 I have exactly the same problem as you. Accents do not work in konsole, and
when I open dialog boxes in some applications, for example Kbabel, which I
use for the KDE translations to spanish, accents will stop working. I have
even experienced that with kmail, but I stil do not know when it happens with
it. When it happens if you close the message you want to send and open it
again you regain the accents. I am using KDE 2.0.1 in one of my machines, and
KDE 2.1 in another, with Debian 2.2 and X3.3.6. I have already commented this
problem before in the list and Daniel de los Reyes told me that accents in
KDE 2.1 in Debian Woody work fine, but I have not tested it..

Pablo