Re: Debtags for defining the minimal age that a program can generally be used

> My suggestion is that the current classification should be considered
> "historic" and there is no point to keep it stalled.  If you have
> different requirements nothing that currently exists should be set into
> stone but rather changed as needed.  However, I'd recommend to put the
> reasons for the changes down into some kind of documentation.

Currently our packages lists are quite simple: a list for educational
apps, one for work-related apps, one for multimedia apps and another one
for games. This mimics the tabs of the application launcher in the most
advanced activity of DoudouLinux. Then the interface of DoudouLinux is
supposed to help parents lead their children to the applications
matching their age since activities can be hidden whenever needed. If
Debian Kids wants to be as close to DoudouLinux as possible, we may
indeed not need to split packages sets along 2 axes, age and category.

Note that there are additional packages lists in DoudouLinux for the
base system, drivers, language-specific packages, live-specific tools,
etc.

> Just become a member of this change and feel free to propose a changed
> set of tasks files.

Of course, but I still have no clear idea about what would be the best!

--
Cheers,
JM.