Re: Notes from the meeting at DebConf13

Hi Per,

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 01:00:11PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> As the self-proclaimed leader of the Debian Jr project I hereby present the
> notes from the meeting at DebConf13.
>
> I have categorized the points I wrote down below (all of this should be put on a
> Wiki TODO or similar, once it is up and running).

Thanks for your summary!

> HANDS-ON WORK
>
> * Push for Debian Pure Blends as tasks in Debian Installer (similar to desktop
>   environment or printer/sql/ssh server etc).
>
> * Create Debian Kids Live image
>
> * Package DoudouLinux software for Debian
>

> OUTREACH
>
> * Encourage blogging about the project
>
> * Help kids and parents explore software
> ** Debtags
> ** Pure blends browser

What do you mean by "browser"?

> ** More?
>
> * Hold a logo contest
>
> * Create propaganda and spread the word
>
> * Contact Debian derivatives (sadly I did not note what we should say to them)

Doudoulinux is just reading here.  Are there any others?

> * Encoure single package mantainers to join the team
>

> TEAM COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION

> * Use the Wiki
> ** Overview
> ** User content
> ** Package/maintainer page
>
> * Create alioth project

The project just exists:

   https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debianjr/

I guess Ben Armstrong will happily grant admin permissions.

> * Rename to Debian Kids. I have actually got quite some feedback that this
>   is a much better name. I still think this is low priority for now
> though, but new
>   project/team resources should carry the name Debian Kids to create a
>   smooth/silent transition. (Thoughts on this?)
>

> PRESENTATION
>
> * Presentation on DebConf14
> ** Possibly also on some mini-DebConf

There might be a chance in November:

   https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debianjr/

> Who is available to take up any of the actionables presented above?!

I'd gladly help with the Blends framework.

> Any input on how we should prioritize; i.e. what should we start with?
>
> What next? Let's rock! :-D

:-)
BTW, did you read the other threads on the mailing list here?

> PS. Please take this leader title light heartedly. I am happy to do
> administrative
> work and do my best to push the project forward. I am not interested
> in declaring
> "my rule"; I firmly believe that the best efforts are done with team consensus.

Debian is a Do-o-cracy and the doer is to some extend determining what
gets done.  So some coordination on the list to make sure we are not
pulling in different directions should be sufficient.

> PPS. I will also be very busy with personal life the next two months.
> Move, work,
> pre-school etc; it takes up a lot of the time now... I will try to do
> at least one
> Debian Kids thing every other week to keep momentum.

Kind regards and greetings to your family

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de