Re: Debtags for defining the minimal age that a program can generally be used

2013/9/13 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>

> Is there any way to do it so that, at some point in the future we may have
> orthogonal classifications, like for example
> {0-3,3-6,6-12}x{educational,game,toy,development,office} ?

Hmmm, every task is totally independent.  So the answer is probably no.
While you could for sure create tasks like this

   educational-age-0-3
   educational-age-3-6
   educational-age-6-12
   game-age-0-3
   game-age-3-6
   game-age-6-12
   toy-age-0-3
   toy-age-3-6
   toy-age-6-12

and than create metapackages like

   age-0-3:
     Depends: educational-age-0-3, game-age-0-3, toy-age-0-3, ...

   age-3-6:
     Depends: educational-age-3-6, game-age-3-6, toy-age-3-6, ...

and

   educational:
     Depends: educational-age-0-3, educational-age-3-6, educational-age-6-12

I would consider this pure overkill.  We intended to keep things simple
and so this should not be a proposal for a solution.  Just to explain
chances and limits of the tasks approach.

For some strange reason I kind of like that approach, it might not be as overkill as it sounds and, even if it might not be a good idea for starters, as there would be much more categories than programs, whenever we start having enough programs classified, it's a reasonable layout that might escalate nicely.

Greetings and thanks,
Miry