Re: adding package oneko to Kids/Packages

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 11:20:07AM -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 10:52 AM, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> > I'm open to suggestions. Want to have a preliminary idea about what's in
> > there for kids, and then seeing an approximation of the whole picture,
> > define how to classify it. Any suggestions on other ways to start this?
>
> I think using the wiki in the planning / evaluation stage is perfectly
> fine.

So you do not want to see a screenshot for planning / evaluation?  You
also have no interest in popcon of a package?  You can probably live
without a translated description - but IMHO it specifically helps in the
kids area - so why not using it.

You get all of this for free if you simply put

   Depends: <pkg>

into the tasks files SVN.  This is

  * faster than editing a wiki page
  * not redundant (you add some information manually into the Wiki)
  * featuring all things I mentioned above
  * no duplicate work because once you are finished with the tasks
    editing you can start right now with creating the metapackages

> It is pretty easy to get things started and have everyone involved
> from day 1 with no learning curve with revision control and learning the
> blends toolchain.

I'd happily proxy this learning curve - just send me the package <foo>
you want to see in task <bar>.

> I guess you would just want to keep it lightweight and
> plan to throw it away when you exit that phase and keep things in the
> blends metapackages.

I'm sorry, but I've seen a lot of projects in this planing phase and
remaining there for ages.  Why not becoming more attractive by just
climbing this little learning curve for way better outcome.  And I said:
I'm perfectly fine with in teaching + proxying.

> Meanwhile, you should think about where in the metapackage data itself
> you'll want to keep some of the special extra things that this project
> cares about (e.g. age range).

I like Miriam's idea to have an agegroup tag in DebTags.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de