Re: Live CD as a focal point for reviving Jr development

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 08:02 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Sam Hart wrote:
>
> > As soon as my server comes back from the dead (bad RAM found yesterday)
> > I can set up a new mailing list. Just let me know who to add and I can
> > do so.
>
> Do we really need just another mailinglist.

Yes, we (OSEF) do.  OSEF is its own organization, and needs its own list
for board members.  Sorry for the confusion.  This particular topic
should have been raised in private with Harry and Sam.

> This list here seemed to be
> nearly dead.  So why not discussing the issue here?

I think we are already. :)  Don't worry, discussion about making a
Debian Jr. live CD is not going to be driven "underground" now.  All we
would discuss on the OSEF list is OSEF-specific business, while the
technical discussions about Debian Jr. will continue here.

> BTW, there *is* a
> project on alioth called 'debian-knoppix' which aims to simplify building
> a live CD which just needs people who do some work.

Very good.  Thanks for the reminder.

Ben