Re: [debian-jr] Re: Replacement for Abiword: LyX? Openoffice?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 06:16:35PM +0100, Firinel Taranen wrote:

> In regards to the text editor, am I the only one whose
> considered that something new needs to be written
> specificly for our purposes? Nothing that's been
> suggested seems to fit all the criteria, and I'm not
> able to think of one, either.

Months ago, I began work on two new Tux4Kids projects:
"Tux Print", a simply program for printing greeting cards and banners,
and "Tux Writer", a word processor for young kids -- both along the lines
of "Tux Paint" (animation, sound effects, big buttons, etc.)

Sadly, I haven't had time to work on either.  I begin with Tux Print,
but development ended abruptly when I decided to support SVG graphics,
and couldn't find a library I could easily integrate with SDL and which
would be simple to use across various platforms (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux).

I never got around to doing much with Tux Writer, but am willing to talk
about design before the eventual coding begins. :^)

Tux4Kids has a 'tuxwriter-dev' mailing list set up: