Re: OpenJDK package - JTREG 7.1

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but I have realized that there might be an
issue with adopting jtreg6 for Java 8 testing.

Jtreg 6 requires testng 7.3[1] and Jtreg 5 uses 6.9.5[2]. The current
jtreg6 package uses 6.9.5 making it suitable for Java 8 testing but
not so much for 11 and up. If testng is upgraded to 7.5 it will be
still binary compatible, but there will be new regressions due to API
breaks. If testng is updated to 7.7.1 (latest), then it will not be
binary compatible with Java 8.
Using 7.5 will allow tier1 and tier2  tests with minimal exceptions to
pass for OpenJDK 20[3] except some memory allocation failures on armhf
which need to be investigated[4]. Same applies to 17 from my local
testing.
Upgrading to 7.3 is a bit complicated due to additional test
dependencies present in this version of the package, so 7.5 or 7.7.1
seem like a better option.

Best Regards,
 Vladimir.

[1] https://github.com/openjdk/jtreg/blob/jtreg-6.1%2B1/make/build-support/version-numbers