Re: OpenJDK package - JTREG 7.1

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023, Vladimir Petko wrote:

>Regarding using jtreg6 for tests of openjdk-8 it should be noted that
>some tier1[1] tests fail with jtreg6.

Lots of tests fail there anyway, also due to lack of asmtools.

>For instance jtreg 6 fails:
[…]
>and with jreg 5 those tests pass:
[…]
>There are more instances like this and if it is of interest I can
>provide a full comparison.

Might be useful to pass that on to the 8u developers.
I won’t be doing anything with it and the ELTS people
are mostly interested in comparing test results against
the previous upload’s, to see that nothing broke too badly.
If upstream makes their tests jtreg6 compatible all the better.

>Would it be possible to consider keeping jtreg 5 version around in

No, we’re targetting jessie and stretch with openjdk-8 mostly,
which lacks jtreg 5 and where the backported jtreg6 really
helps, without, we had to disable the tests entirely.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!