Re: Building r-cran-rcdk with cdk [Was: Re: Upgrading freehep to latest upstream (needed by cdk and probably others)]

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 11:56:24AM +0300, merkys@debian.org wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> On 2020-07-27 16:50, tony mancill wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 08:51:49AM +0300, merkys@debian.org wrote:
> >> What is more, the subtree tool/smsd/ contains only pom.xml, what might
> >> be the reason of codeless jar. It seems to me that cdk-smsd is legacy
> >> now, and I would suggest asking the upstream for advice how to port code
> >> depending on it.
> > I still plan to take a look at what it would take to compile the
> > legacy/pom.xml.
>
> Sure, please do. However, I would not count too much on this pom, as it
> may get removed in the upcoming cdk releases.

Fair enough...  In the long run, it is likely that porting r-cran-rcdk
is a better use of time.  However, I got interested in it and here is
the status so far:

1) I updated jgrapht0.6 to install a pom file and uploaded a new
package to unstable.

2) I updated the cdk source package to build-dep on the javacc maven
plugin and re-enabled the legacy pom.

3) I used ratt to build packages that build-depend on cdk.  The
new package addresses the issue with r-cran-rcdk, but cinfony fails:

2020/07/28 20:27:10 PASSED: r-cran-rcdklibs
2020/07/28 20:27:10 FAILED: cinfony (see buildlogs/cinfony_1.2-4)

However, the cinfony failure on my system is for:

      unsat-dependency: python-indigo:amd64

And it also fails when built against cdk_2.3.134.g1bb9a64587-1, so I
don't think this is related to my change.

I created a merge request [1] so you can take a look.  I'm happy to
prepare an upload if it looks okay to you.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/cdk/-/merge_requests/4