Re: Building r-cran-rcdk with cdk [Was: Re: Upgrading freehep to latest upstream (needed by cdk and probably others)]

Hi Andrius,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 08:51:49AM +0300, merkys@debian.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2020-07-27 08:38, tony mancill wrote:
> >> It actually seems that org/openscience/cdk/smsd/Isomorphism is not
> >> part of the currently packaged CDK.  Any idea how to solve this?
> > I am just starting to take a look a this, but I think we need to spend
> > some more time with CDK.  That class is found in the "legacy" directory
> > of the sources:
> >
> > ➜  cdk-2.3.134.g1bb9a64587 find . -name Isomorphism.java
> > ./legacy/src/main/java/org/openscience/cdk/smsd/Isomorphism.java
> >
> > But the legacy pom is ignored:
> >
> >   https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/cdk/-/blob/master/debian/libcdk-java.poms#L91
>
> Indeed, cdk-smsd pom is ignored (I made that so). However, if I remove
> the '--ignore' instruction, the built jar is codeless:

Based upon the sources layout, I wouldn't expect the cdk-smsd.pom in the
root project to include that class anyway.

> W: libcdk-java: codeless-jar usr/share/java/cdk-smsd.jar
>
> What is more, the subtree tool/smsd/ contains only pom.xml, what might
> be the reason of codeless jar. It seems to me that cdk-smsd is legacy
> now, and I would suggest asking the upstream for advice how to port code
> depending on it.

I still plan to take a look at what it would take to compile the
legacy/pom.xml.

Cheers,
tony