Re: Status of sbt package

On 26.09.2019 16:54, merkys@debian.org wrote:
I have cloned your repo and started playing around. AFAIK, your build
script requires jars built from earlier version of Scala (akka-actor.jar
and friends). Thus I've tried building Scala and ran into a FTBFS [1]. I
will have to figure it out before moving to Scala 2.12.0-M1.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=941211

Yes I used 2.11.12 as the build tool to build 2.12.0-M1. This is the way the Scala team has asked it be done, to do it properly. The script was initially created in Ubuntu, so I downloaed 2.11.12 and installed it manually into a separate directory, then set the PATH to point to that. There is a lot of hardcoding of paths and files in the script.

I am currently working on making the script work in debian unstable, using system installed packages for jdk, scala 2.11.12, ant, jline etc.
I will probably have something workign by the end of the evening.

However, this strategy is for the time being tedious due to sbt not
migrating to testing. Otherwise it would sound really tempting.

I agree.

Thomas