Re: Status of sbt package

Hi Frédéric and Thomas,

Sorry for the delay. I must admit I wasn't aware the dogfooding problem
is so difficult to avoid.

On 2019-08-17 07:53, Thomas Finneid wrote:
> The good news is that after talking with some of the maintainers of
> Sbt and Scala, they would be very interrested in getting a script that
> could build Sbt or Scala from command line, using just Java and similr
> tools.

This solution sounds the best. Do you know whether the upstream would be
willing to help with writing and maintaining such a script?

Building sbt from 0.13.13 incrementally would be an option too, should
the previous one fail. However, to build sbt incrementally one would
probably need to demote its dependencies to make them compatible with
this ancient version of source.

Not sure where to start, though. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best,
Andrius