Re: Debian distributions of stable OpenJDK updates

Le 27/05/2019 à 18:34, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :

>> backports [1], so the (smallish) patch to bring the code up to the
>> +7/-ga tag was deemed allowable after all.  Thank you for driving this
>
> More likely it was just not manually reviewed.
>
> Please don’t do this again but only upload to backports
> what’s in the subsequent release. Backports users know
> what they’ll be getting and that testing can be less
> stable than, well, stable.

Sorry but I'll do it again if it's necessary to fix overdue security
issues during a hard freeze. The diff was reasonably small, mostly
focused on the security fixes, and the changes were documented in the
changelog. I didn't try to sneak a major update in stretch-backports
with an unreviewable 50K lines patch. So I don't think I deserve to be
lectured for a necessary upload that indisputably benefits our users.

Emmanuel Bourg