Re: Eclipse and Debian

Am 27.11.2017 um 20:38 schrieb Daniel Pocock:

> On 27/11/17 17:35, Markus Koschany wrote:
[...]
>> At the moment I can recommend Netbeans as an alternative for Java
>> developers in Debian.
>>

> OK, thanks for that suggestion.  What about people developing in Python
> or C++?  One particular reason I'm asking about this is to give
> recommendations to our Outreachy and GSoC applicants.

Netbeans provides a lot of official and community plugins to enhance the
IDE. C/C++ support is quite good in my opinion and it is particularly
easy to start or import existing projects. There are also plugins for
Python, PHP, Javascript, etc. None of these plugins are packaged for
Debian but they can be installed on demand within Netbeans.

Regards,

Markus