Re: Right way to proceed to upload a new version of a package not sponsored yet

Hi Tony, hi all.

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 02:10:28PM +0200, Eloy García (PC Actual) wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Thank you very much for your advise. I'll concentrate on version 2.7 and,
> when the package is accepted into the archive, I'll start with version 2.8.
> A first version of the package was uploaded here:
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/wallpaperdownloader
>
> But I would like to work on it a little bit more because I realized there
> are some errors I have to fix. I uploaded version 2.7-1 so, if I introduce
> some changes should I go for version 2.7-2? I guess those changes should be
> reflected in the changelog file right? Is this the right way to proceed for
> improving the package?

Hi Eloy,

Assuming it's not difficult (I haven't used mentors.d.n as a user),
I recommend replacing the 2.7-1 package with the version you'd like to
be reviewed and sponsored. That is, go ahead and make your improvements
now.

Ok. Following your advice, I have finally uploaded a new version of the package (2.7-1) to mentors.debian . Here is the link: https://mentors.debian.net/package/wallpaperdownloader
I think the package has no errors and now it is OK.

Once the package is uploaded and accepted into the archive, you'll
have to start bumping the Debian revision.

Do I need to do something else? I mean, the acceptance process doesn't depend on me and I only have to wait for a sponsor, right?

Cheers,
tony

Thank you very much!!! :)

Cheers,