Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

Le 27/10/2016 à 18:02, Marko Dimjašević a écrit :

> I didn't manage to read that page in this way, but OK. As long as at
> least someone understands it, it's good.

That's what I understood from the comments. Someone wrote a SBT plugin
with Scala 2.11 and stumbled on an incompatibility.

> How do we go about this? Is a new source package needed? I guess so.
> Hopefully it won't be hard, especially given that Scala 2.10.5 used to
> be available at one point:
>
> http://snapshot.debian.org/package/scala/2.10.5-1/
>
> Let me know how to proceed and I'll start on packaging Scala 2.10.6,
> which SBT depends on.

Starting from the scala 2.10.5-1 package is a good idea. It'll indeed
have to be renamed to create a new source package (scala-2.10) and some
stuff from the later updates will have to be backported (install to
/usr/share/scala-2.10, the bnd compatibility fix, and maybe the
alternative support). Praying for it to work with Java 8 would be a good
idea too ;)

I suggest forking the Git repository of the scala package and branching
from the commit 88e2381 (the one following the debian/2.10.5-1 tag).

Emmanuel Bourg