Re: Reviving the effort to package SBT

Hi Marko,

Le 27/10/2016 à 08:29, Marko Dimjašević a écrit :

> 3) I can actually start SBT on my host machine now, but with an error. I
> get this error:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.collection.immutable.$colon$colon.hd
> $1()Ljava/lang/Object;
>
> I haven't managed to resolve this. My hunch is that there are some
> incompatible interfaces. By searching the bug online I found people
> running into the same error when trying to use ScalaTest from an IDE
> instead of SBT. I suppose the error in my case happens because SBT
> depends on Scala 2.10.6, and I have Scala 2.11.8 installed. I tried with
> having only Scala 2.10.6 in a chroot, but there I can't get past the
> -classpath problem described under 2).

That's interesting. It looks like SBT is built with Scala 2.10 but
could be compiled with Scala 2.11:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23282469/does-sbt-build-against-scala-2-11

If we rebuild SBT with Scala 2.11 I guess we'll have compatibility
problems with the plugins. This would mean our sbt package would be
fine as a tool to build other packages, but it would be useless
(or quite limited) as a build tool for an end user downloading plugins
from the net.

So it looks like we'll need a scala-2.10 package as long as SBT
is unable to run with Scala 2.11.

Emmanuel Bourg