Re: gradle, dependencies and sdk jars

Le 7/07/2016 à 13:43, Vincent Danjean a écrit :

> - for now, I need to manually fill the debian/libhtsjdk-java.classpath
>   file, mainly reading the "dependencies" part of build.gradle.
>   It this the correct way to go or is there a way to automatically
>   compute the classpath (and the packages dependencies) from the
>   content of build.gradle?

I recommended simply ignoring the classpath warnings displayed by
Lintian. This is rarely useful, it can lead to classpath conflicts at
runtime and it generates suboptimal dependency lists for javahelper
based packages.

> - picard-tools is a similar package (upstream is the same as htsjdk).
>   In its "dependencies" section, it has the following lines:
>     //tools dependency for doclet requires sdk devel
>     compile(files(((URLClassLoader) ToolProvider.getSystemToolClassLoader()).getURLs()))
>   What are the jar that should be added to the classpath due to this line?

You should be able to strip anything that is doclet related. This is
used to customize the style of the Javadoc, and the default style is
good enough for the Debian packages. You could also consider dropping
the libpicard-java-doc package (near zero popcon).

Emmanuel Bourg