Re: bnd update 2.1.0

Le 18/05/2015 22:17, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> I think I have finally fixed all issues with bnd 2.1.0, so that I'm
> confident the package can be uploaded to experimental at least.
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/bnd.git
>
> I had to write a couple of patches to ensure the package can be built
> from source (even twice in a row now).

Well done Markus! This is an important update.

> I removed biz.aQute.repository and biz.aQute.resolve in our clean target
> because I think we don't need this feature (OSGi Bundle Repository) for
> Debian. Dependencies are usually installed via package managers and I
> doubt that it is very useful to install all the required
> build-dependencies like jetty for example.

These are new features of bnd 2.x or things already packaged in Debian?

> I haven't tested all r-deps yet. The fix is easy but there might be
> other undetected issues, so I think an upload to experimental is preferable.

What about patching bnd to also support the old '-foo' syntax in
addition to the new '--foo' form? That should be easy if the semantic
hasn't changed.

There are 29 direct dependencies on bnd, plus 57 indirect ones through
libmaven-bundle-plugin-java, we'll have to test them all. If the
compatibility is good I think upgrading the existing bnd package is a
good idea, but if we get many issues we should probably create a new
package.

Emmanuel Bourg