Re: Where to put JNI native libs for Tomcat 6 & 7

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 10/04/2015 02:01, Jacob Anawalt a écrit :
>
>> includes some native libraries. I've been able to sort out what to do

> As stated by the howto you linked the jar and the native lib should be
> installed in the shared/lib directory of Tomcat, on Debian this
> directory is located under /usr/share/tomcat7.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for that input. $CATALINA_HOME (/usr/share/tomcatN) seems
like the right place to put a .jar, but I'm not sure about a native
library (.so).

I've been trying to find a Debian package to use as an example. I've
found a number of ones with native libraries (.so) and many are under
/usr/lib/jni which seems like the place to put it, but I wasn't sure
it would be picked up by tomcat. I just need to test that, but first
I'm tripped up by the next issue mentioned in that howto, "already
loaded in another classloader", the "foo" loader we're using
abstracted away the System.LoadLibrary so we've got to sort that out
as well.

If you can think of a debian lib*-java package that has native
libraries loaded via JNI and works under the pacakged Tomcat or
another place to look for an example, I'd appreciate knowing so I can
look closer at them.

Thank you,
--
Jacob