Re: status of eclipse-pydev

Hi,

I have updated and verified debian/copyright and imported the latest
upstream release of eclipse-pydev. I had to rebase a couple of patches
especially this one [1] which was rather confusing. I'm quite new to
packaging Eclipse plugins but I wonder if there is no better solution
than patching various MANIFEST files? At the moment I don't see a chance
that any of those patches will be accepted upstream and that increases
the difficulty of packaging future versions.

I split the add-orbit-dependencies.patch into several more digestible
pieces, added a new dependency libyaml-snake-java and had to remove a
stub class, WorkspaceStub.patch, which prevented the package from being
built. There is probably a better way.

It would be great if Jakub or someone else would take another look but
so far it seems that the plugin works as intended. All changes are on
the experimental branch.

Regards,

Markus

[1]