Re: status of eclipse-pydev

Hi Markus,

On 27.2.2015 18:45, Markus Koschany wrote:
> I had to rebase a couple of patches
> especially this one [1] which was rather confusing. I'm quite new to
> packaging Eclipse plugins but I wonder if there is no better solution
> than patching various MANIFEST files?

yes, this is a bit annoying, but we must remove any binary JARs bundled with
the upstream sources and replace them with Debian versions and with this change
each manifest has to be modified accordingly. I don't see any easy way out of this
and it's very unlikely upstream would completely change the way they build and
distribute their software.

> It would be great if Jakub or someone else would take another look but
> so far it seems that the plugin works as intended. All changes are on
> the experimental branch.

I had to fix one build issue with circular dependencies that was introduced after your
changes [1]. Otherwise, good work with updating the package. It is lintian-clean,
copyright file was completed and the plugin seems to be working as expected in Eclipse.
To me it looks fit for upload in its current state.

Since this is a new package whose all dependencies are already in testing, I guess we
can upload it directly into sid even though testing is still frozen before Jessie release.
Also please merge master branch with experimental.

Regards,

Jakub

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/eclipse-pydev.git/commit/?h=experimental&id=ce38b8eca7a61df98970676e1eb902298b888466