Re: how to package Maven-based projects with modules and inter-module dependencies

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> wrote:
> * Emmanuel Bourg:
>
>>> Can you explain to me why this works? All of this still appears like
>>> black magic to me...
>> Sorry I can't be more specific, maven-debian-helper is insanely complex
>> and even if I updated it a bit I still don't grasp it completely.
>
> It certainly does seem like black magic. :-(
>
> now, I have managed to build my package, but I still get a lintian
> warning (as with some java packages before):
>
> W: libmustache-java: missing-classpath libasm4-java, libguava-java, libmaven-plugin-tools-java, libplexus-compiler-java
>
> Is there an easy and sensible way to add those build deps in the build process?

The easiest way so far I found is to add a patch for pom.xml with
something like:
<plugin>
   <configuration>
     <archive>
       <manifest>
         <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
         <classpathLayoutType>custom</classpathLayoutType>
         <customClasspathLayout>/usr/share/java/$${artifact.artifactId}.$${artifact.extension}</customClasspathLayout>
         <!--mainClass>in case there is one</mainClass-->
       </manifest>
     </archive>
   </configuration>
 </plugin>