Re: how to package Maven-based projects with modules and inter-module dependencies

Le 15/10/2014 22:39, Hilko Bengen a écrit :

> now, I have managed to build my package, but I still get a lintian
> warning (as with some java packages before):
>
> W: libmustache-java: missing-classpath libasm4-java, libguava-java, libmaven-plugin-tools-java, libplexus-compiler-java
>
> Is there an easy and sensible way to add those build deps in the build process?

You can ignore this warning, it's useless most of the time. Basically
the jar should have a Classpath entry in its MANIFEST.MF with the list
of the jars required at runtime. This is only useful when running
applications from the command line with java-wrappers (it builds the
classpath automatically by recursing through the dependencies).

This is a requirement from the Java Policy I'd suggest removing or
downgrading. While the initial intent was certainly good it turns out to
create a significant maintenance cost for just a limited number of
packages relying on this behavior.

Emmanuel Bourg