Re: debian java BoF - 2014/08/25

Le 29/08/2014 23:39, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :

> We already have the precedent of shipping 6 and 7 versions in a stable
> release, so maybe they can agree on that again if we can provide some
> assurance that tomcat7 is going to be supported at upstream during
> "jessie" lifecycle.

I asked upstream about this [1] and they should stop supporting Tomcat 7
when the development of Tomcat 10 starts. Tomcat major versions follow
the Java EE specs which are released every 3 or 4 years. Java EE 7 has
been released in 2013, so we could expect Tomcat 7 to be supported for
~6 years from now.

Emmanuel Bourg

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/201404.mbox/%3C5347E609.6070706@apache.org%3E