Re: debian java BoF - 2014/08/25

Le 29/08/2014 19:00, Miguel Landaeta a écrit :

> I don't agree and I'd prefer if we can maintain only one tomcat for
> the next stable release.

I understand it's preferable from a maintainer point of view, but from a
user point of view I think choice is good too.

Tomcat updates are usually easy to package, the build system doesn't
change, the code is stable and well tested (starting with tomcat7). If
we could convince the release/security teams to upload full updates of
tomcat{7,8} into stable instead of backporting the security patches this
would greatly ease the maintenance of these packages.

Emmanuel Bourg