Re: openjdk-8 package available for review

Le 02/05/2014 15:11, Matthias Klose a écrit :

> The first priority should be to ship with only one version of OpenJDK.

I have just fixed visualvm which was one of the remaining packages
depending on openjdk-6. We are down to two bugs preventing the removal:

  https://bugs.debian.org/727805 (rjava)
  https://bugs.debian.org/717015 (clojure1.2)

And there are a few build dependencies left on openjdk-6-jdk:

- java-access-bridge
- osmosis-plugin-borderextract (FTBFS since June 2013, #713177)

> OpenJDK 8 is an option, but not a must have.  If you can make it work on all
> architectures currently supported by OpenJDK 7, fine.

Having outdated packages in Debian is also an option, but not a must
have ;) The Java community is eager to use Java 8, we can't disappoint them.

What about turning openjdk-8 as the default Java on the platforms
supporting it and keeping openjdk-7 on the other architectures?

Emmanuel Bourg