Re: openjdk-8 package available for review

Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I have completed the first steps to package OpenJDK 8 and it's now
> possible to play with the package. I have uploaded amd64 binaries for
> those interested in testing this quickly:
>
>     http://87.98.165.193/debian
>
> The source package is available on alioth, instructions to download the
> upstream tarball are in debian/README.source:
>
>     http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/openjdk-8.git

hi Emmanuel,

I am having a small issue with the current git version:
If I download via "debian/rules get-orig-source", and then
"dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc" I get:

Extracting the sources...
tar -xf jdk8u-*.tar.xz
tar: jdk8u-*.tar.xz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
make: *** [stamps/unpack] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2

When using "uscan --download-current-version" or "uscan
--download-current-version --repack", I still don't get
../jdk8u-*.tar.xz.

Another question: Is it sufficient to point "update-java-alternatives"
to openjdk-8 in order to use it to build and run subsequent packages
(that build-depend on default-jdk and depend on default-jre)?

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter