Re: jibx

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 10/03/2014 23:08, Stephen Nelson a écrit :
>
>> I'm working on the libjibx1.2-java package to provide Maven artifacts
>> to allow a newer version of Spring to be packaged. I'm getting a
>> Lintian error [1] as the documentation has a link to Sourceforge with
>> a tracking id in it.
>
> Hi Stephen,
>
> I couldn't see a tracking id in the URLs to SourceForge. I think the
> person who implemented this lintian warning should actually "fix" the
> packages himself. I don't mind removing google-analytics snippets from
> the documentation, but removing a mere SourceForge logo is just absurd.

Hi Emmanuel,

I think this problem I encountered is the same as a posting to
debian-lint-maint [1] raising the issue with the same lintian flag.
The trouble is that this raises a lintian error rather than warning so
I believe it must be fixed in order for the upload to be accepted.

I think that, while this is nice to have, imho there are many more
important bugs to be fixed in the debian-java team.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-lint-maint/2014/01/msg00092.html

Cheers,

Stephen