Re: RFS: c3p0 0.9.1.2-9 [RC] #725456

On 01/15/2014 06:48 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have prepared a new revision for c3p0. The package is currently
> affected by RC bug #725456. The testsuite hangs sometimes due to two
> optional Junit tests. Both seem to spawn multiple threads during the
> build process and that can cause it to hang. I think the quickest
> solution is to disable these optional tests.
>
> The new revision does exactly that:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/c3p0/c3p0_0.9.1.2-9.dsc
>
> Another solution might be an upgrade to the latest upstream version.
> Unfortunately the upstream developers decided to separate some
> functionality (msearch) into a second git repository. That means one has
> to package msearch separately or merge it back into a debian specific
> source package to avoid using the precompiled msearch.jar file.
>
> Changelog:
>
> * Team upload.
> * Add disable-asynchronous-runner-tests.patch. Disable optional Junit
>   tests that can cause the build process to hang. (Closes: #725456)
> * Update watch file to detect the latest upstream release.
>   Thanks to Bart Martens.
> * Declare compliance with Debian Policy 3.9.5.
> * Bump compat level to 9 and require debhelper >= 9.
>
> Thoughts?

Hi Markus,

Ah, I took a look at the 0.9.5 release too and ran into the same extra
dependency issue. (I thought it was mchange.jar, but it's same result.)

My instinct is that it'll be easier in the long run to have a separate
package for the new JAR dependency, and getting 0.9.1.2 updated and off
the RC list will give us time to get the new package through the NEW
queue, etc.

So, I think the best thing for now is to upload the current updated
package.  However, I'm still getting a build hang during the unit-tests.
 The test that hangs for me is:

>     [junit] Running com.mchange.v2.c3p0.test.junit.MarshallUnmarshallDataSourcesJUnitTestCase
>     [junit] INFO - MLog clients using log4j logging.
>     [junit] INFO - Initializing c3p0-0.9.1.2 [built 16-January-2014 05:33:07; debug? false; trace: 5]
>     [junit] INFO - Initializing c3p0 pool... com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource [ acquireIncrement -> 3, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 0, connectionCustomizerClassName -> null, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, dataSourceName -> scoop, debugUnreturnedConnectionStackTraces -> false, description -> null, driverClass -> org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, identityToken -> scoop, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 0, initialPoolSize -> 3, jdbcUrl -> jdbc:hsqldb:file:/tmp/testdb, maxAdministrativeTaskTime -> 0, maxConnectionAge -> 0, maxIdleTime -> 0, maxIdleTimeExcessConnections -> 0, maxPoolSize -> 15, maxStatements -> 0, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 3, numHelperThreads -> 3, numThreadsAwaitingCheckoutDefaultUser -> 0, parentLogge
r -> null, preferredTestQuery -> null, properties -> {user=******, password=******}, propertyCycle -> 0, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> false, unreturnedConnectionTimeout -> 0, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false ]

I verified that the patches are applied.  I assume you're not seeing
this in your environment?

Thanks,
tony