Re: RFS: modello/1.1-3 and modello1.4/1.4.1-2 - [UPLOADED] + a question

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 22:58:36 -0800, tony mancill wrote:

> However, having just been through a similar experience (read: "hassle")
> with migrating from ruby 1.8 -> 1.9.1 (for the build system in jblas),
> it got me to thinking that since some build systems expect to be run
> within a given locale, perhaps we could help this with some tools and/or
> policy.  Tools, because I'd hate to have to every debian/rules have to
> explicitly install locales, generate an appropriate locale, then export
> it to the build environment.

Just a minor note: installing locales-all, which contains the
pre-generated locale files, saves the compilation step.

(In general I agree of course that adding this to each package is not
attractive.)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Aimee Mann: I Should've Known