Re: RFS: librelaxng-datatype-java/1.0+ds1-3 (package update for experimental)

Hi.

Il 22/05/2013 14:46, Emmanuel Bourg ha scritto:
>> Please let me know if you're aware of other resources which suggest to
>> behave differently.
>
> I may have misinterpreted the specification. It states:
>
> "This field should either include the full text of the license(s) or
> include a pointer to the license file under /usr/share/common-licenses."
>
> The only exception I'm aware of where a pointer is not enough if for BSD
> licensed packages. The license has to appear verbatim because it's
> specific to every package. That's a common case reported by lintian.

Well, each license that doesn't have a verbatim copy in common-licenses
actually requires you to state in wholly in debian/copyright. Anyway,
that's not the issue here: simply, the paragraph that you removed is not
the content of the license, it's just the indication that said license
is in effect (together with the pointer to common-licenses). I
personally prefer to retain it in debian/copyright; and the "Examples"
section apparently back my preference. On the other hand, I don't think
your position is wrong: it's probably more a matter of tastes.

> I also observed this scheme in several packages, and debian-maven-helper
> generates packages without the full license text either.
>
> If this is wrong I'll adapt my update routine for the next uploads.

Do as you wish, I personally have no compelling reasons for suggesting
one or the other behavior. I was just curious to understand whether you
had more precise references, but it seems the situation is mostly
symmetrical. :-)

Gio.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>