Re: RFS: librelaxng-datatype-java/1.0+ds1-3 (package update for experimental)

Hi Emanuel.

Il 16/04/2013 12:28, Emmanuel Bourg ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a minor update to this library that was still declaring a
> dependency on the JRE.
>
> Here is the changelog:
>
>  * Removed the dependency on ${shlibs:Depends}
>  * Removed the dependency on the JRE (not required for libraries)
>  * Updated Standards-Version to 3.9.4 (no changes)
>  * Updated the Format URI in debian/copyright
>

> http://mentors.debian.net/package/librelaxng-datatype-java
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libr/librelaxng-datatype-java/librelaxng-datatype-java_1.0+ds1-3.dsc
>
> Thank you for your reviews,

I'm the uploader for librelaxng-datatype-java and just discovered your
RFS while pulling the GIT repository to do work on my own (mostly to
push the package to unstable).

I mostly agree with your changes (which I was about to do anyway) and
happily accept to add you among the uploaders. Only a question: why are
you removing the statement about the package being under the GPL from
debian/copyright? TTBOMK, best practices are that the tag "GPL-2+" and
the link to the license text are not enough (see "Examples" in [1]).

 [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

Please let me know if you're aware of other resources which suggest to
behave differently.

In the meantime I'll upload my package incorporating some of your changes.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy