Re: upload of java-common 0.49

On 05/22/2013 12:42 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2013-05-22 06:52, tony mancill wrote:
>> Dear Debian Java List,
>>
>> In an attempt to advance the use of openjdk7 for jessie, I have uploaded
>> java-common 0.49 (essentially the same 0.48 package that was in
>> experimental, but now targeting unstable) to the DELAYED/3 queue.
>>
>> The delay is because I didn't coordinate with Matthias, Niels or Torsten
>> beforehand (and IRC is quiet this time of day - Sometimes I think I live
>> in the wrong timezone...)
>>
>> Please email me if you have any concerns and I'll dcut the upload.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> tony
>>

> Hey,
>
> Sadly, I haven't been very active with this, since the freeze started.
> That said, I would personally prefer that we did a second "rebuild with
> Java7 as default"-test before we do the actual switch.  Just to be sure
> that all bugs are known and filed.  Secondly, are all pkg-java packages
> fixed already now?
>
> Also, it is possible that the Release Team might want to be in on this
> kind of transition (haven't checked, but I doubt it would hurt to ask them).

Hi Niels,

I appreciate your feedback.  I guess Java7 should be considered a
"transition" and thus should go through the Release Team.

IMO, I don't think we need 100% success on the rebuild - i.e. I'd prefer
that we get everyone building and uploading with Java7 as soon as is
reasonable.  That is, I think some breakage is acceptable and will help
us decide what is important to get working with Java7 and what is too
old or crufty and should be removed.

Can you edify me about how to coordinate/request the rebuild?

I will dcut the upload and will clean up (delete) the tag in svn/pkg-java.

Thank you,
tony