Re: Commons Compress update

On 03/19/2013 08:57 AM, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 19/03/2013 16:18, Markus Koschany a écrit :
>
>> It depends on your packaging workflow. Personally i prefer git and
>> git-buildpackage. [1] The get-orig-source step always needs to be done
>> manually but after that you can just use
>>
>> git-import-orig ../your_tarball.tar.xz --pristine-tar
>
> I'm tool agnostic at this point, I'm just trying to learn the process by
> updating existing packages. I noticed some packages with the sources
> checked in the tree (libxz-java) and other without the sources
> (libcommons-compress-java). What is the recommended practice?

As with many things in Debian, there are differing opinions on this, but
most of the team-maintained Java Team packages use the "standard"
git-buildpackage branches of master, pristine-tar, and upstream.

This layout is familiar to many developers and makes patching much
easier than the ./debian/-only layout we were using for pkg-java in SVN.

I'd say unless there is some compelling reason not to check in the
sources that you should use git-import-orig.

Cheers,
tony