Re: help groovy packaging

hello Miguel,

> groovy 2.1.6 is now building with Debian libraries but the package is
> not ready to be uploaded yet since: it's not compliant with our team

Do you happen to know whether groovy 2.1.6 is backwards compatible with
groovy 1.8.6?

I am the maintainer of the Freeplane package, which makes heavy use of
groovy, and I would have to communicate with the upstream contact who is
responsible for scripting regarding an upstream update of groovy
(currently at 1.8.6 just like Debian) [1]

I'd be interested in what other groovy-reverse-dep-maintainers are doing
regarding this groovy update?

[1] one additional problem is that Freeplane has packages for other
distributions, and updating groovy upstream requires that those other
distribs (currently Mageia and Arch Linux) also update their groovy
packages (the FreeMind maintainer should be in a similar situation).

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter