help groovy packaging

Hello Miguel,

I'm Ioan Eugen Stan and I'm interested in having Groovy 2.0 packaged for Debian.

I use Debian for some yeaers now on my laptop and also n most server
machines that I command. Besides Debian I'm a Java/Groovy/JVM
developer and would like to see better support in this regard in
Debian. I'm in the position of choosing the technology stack at a
small company and I chose Debian and Java.

This is not my first attempt with Debian Java packaging but I don't
wish to quit until I see it through. I would like to offer my help
with packaging Groovy and I also request guidance for the same task.

I downloaded the package from [1] and noticed some activity today,
after a long pause.

Thank you,

[1] git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/groovy.git

--
Ioan Eugen Stan