Re: help groovy packaging

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 08:31:41PM +0200, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello Miguel,
>
> I'm Ioan Eugen Stan and I'm interested in having Groovy 2.0 packaged for Debian.

Hi Ioan, nice to meet you.

> This is not my first attempt with Debian Java packaging but I don't
> wish to quit until I see it through. I would like to offer my help
> with packaging Groovy and I also request guidance for the same task.

These are good news because right now I'm the only maintainer for
Groovy package in Debian and as you can see this can delay things.
However, I advanced with this package during this weekend, so you can
take a look at the "debianization" branch in the git repo.

In order to contribute with the maintenance you should get familiar
with gradle tool. For this, you can review packages built with gradle
like: gradle (since it's built with itself), multiverse-core and
now groovy, of course.

groovy 2.1.6 is now building with Debian libraries but the package is
not ready to be uploaded yet since: it's not compliant with our team
policies, I need to install the maven artifacts (upstream is not
including POM files in the source code), I need to review and test the
dependencies list, test reverse build-dependencies, prepare GPars
upload, etc.

I expect to upload a new package on the next weekend or so.

You can ping me privately and check with what you can help.

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://keyserver.pgp.com/