Re: RFS: libnb-platform18-java (7.4+dfsg1-1)

On 25/10/13 17:25, tony wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 04:57:30PM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
>> [...]
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> Thanks for looking at the package. I should have mentioned that the
>> build system tries to do all sorts of crazy things if you don't have the
>> patches applied. This is the case even when trying to clean the package.
>> Is it acceptable to push all the patches as the first step of the clean
>> rule? Or is there another way to make sure they're applied before
cleaning?

>> Thanks,
>> Andy
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> /me blushes - obviously I didn't spend enough time looking into the
> packaging before mailing the list.  I need to spend some quality time
> looking into your question about patching and then will get back to
> you.
>
> Thank you,
> tony
Hi Tony,

I've done a bit of searching, and found the thread [1] which is somewhat
related. Thinking further I think it's best just to fail the build
rather than go patching things, so I've pushed a minor update which
checks for the (lack of) existence of one of the binaries-list files
which are what cause the build system to go downloading dependencies.
Hopefully this is a reasonable solution for now at least.

Thanks,
Andy

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/05/msg00799.html