Re: RFS: libcommons-collections4-java (new package)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the review.

I used the SVN repository for this package because the other Apache
Commons packages are there, that was just a matter of consistency.
Likewise I used Git for the tomcat8 package since tomcat7 is already Git
based.

Regarding the ease of use I'd argue that SVN has one less step, because
debcheckout brings the source tarball automatically once the package is
in the archive. This doesn't happen with Git based packages, I have to
run git-buildpackage first to generate the tarball. I can't run debuild
out of the box.

The one thing I appreciate with the Git based packages is the ability to
clean quickly the working directory when debian/rules clean doesn't work
as expected. git stash or git checkout and I'm done. With SVN packages I
have to delete everything but the debian directory, extract the upstream
tarball and move the files up one directory. For packages that don't
clean properly that's really annoying.

Emmanuel Bourg